Chicken is one of the best birds through which you can cook amazing and tasty dishes. This is preferred by most of the people as you can cook various dishes easily as well as the cooking time for chicken is less. But it is very important for the chicken to cook properly. It should not be overcooked or undercooked.
Chicken Quesadillas is one such dish that can be made with the help of chicken and can be the best to be a part of your menu for kitty parties. You can prepare this in various ways since there are various versions of preparing the same. Here is one such version of preparing Chicken Quesadillas that is mentioned below using minimum ingredients.
This would be very easy for you to remember and also to cook. This is an extremely tasty dish and can be cooked quickly. You get the lovely aroma and flavour of various spices and cheese and can serve this along with salsa or good and tasty chutney to enjoy the delicious Quesadillas. You can use the leftover chicken to prepare this dish.
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Serves –6 people
3 cups chicken
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup butter
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Salt as per your taste
1 cup salsa
1 cup guacamole
1 cup flour
A pinch of baking soda
A small cup of vegetable oil
Salt as per your taste
1. To make tortillas, mix the flour with little water, baking soda and salt as per your taste. It would be best if you can keep it overnight. But you can also use it immediately after you combine all the ingredients and make good dough out of it. Make small balls of it and roll it into thin slices of round shape. Heat a tea spoon of vegetable oil and roast this a little on both sides and keep aside.
2. Cook the chicken and shred it. If you use the leftover chicken, it would be the best to prepare this dish as you need not cook it again. Heat a pan and mix the cooked chicken, sliced green onions, cumin powder, oregano and 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Keep it stirring in low flame at least for 10 minutes.
3. Grease a baking sheet and apply butter on 1 side of tortilla and place the side that is buttered in the baking sheet. Continue to do the same with all the tortillas.
4. Take a handful of chicken mixture and put it over half of the tortilla. Sprinkle the remaining Monterey Jack cheese on this mixture. Fold the other half part of tortilla over this. Bake this for about 12 minutes at 375 degrees till it is crisp in an oven.
5. Cut it into wedges of the same shape. You can enjoy this with a tasty salsa and guacamole.
The best thing about this is that if the tortillas are ready available the preparation time and cooking time would be within about 20 minutes. Invite your friends and serve them this mouth-watering dish and you are sure going to get appreciated for it.