As dosa comes to our mind when we think of the south Indian food similarly, Noodles come to mind as the first things when we think of the Chinese food. Noodles happen to be one of the most sought after & famous Chinese dishes. In India this dish has many followers who love to dodge on the different variants of the dish such as: hakka noodles, Singaporean noodle and chilly garlic etc.
Noodles are served both as a dinner and snack item. In dinner noodles are usually served with Manchurian or vegetables in hot and sour/garlic and soya sauce. They are also eaten as an independent snack item.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving per Recipe: 3-4
Cooking time Required: 20-30 minutes
Ingredients For Chinese Noodles
Plain Noodles: one packet 500 grams
Oil: 2-3 tablespoon
Onion: 1 medium size cut in thin slices
Cabbage: one cup chopped in thin vertical shape
Carrots: half cup, chopped in thin vertical shape
Capsicum: half cup, chopped in thin vertical shape
Vinegar: 2-3 teaspoon
Soya sauce: 1-2 teaspoon
Salt: as per taste
Black Pepper: as per taste
One pan for boiling
one frying pan
One teaspoon & tablespoon
Steps for Preparation
1. Fill a pan half with water and keep it for boiling. Add half teaspoon salt and 2-3 drops of cooking oil into it. Once the water gets boiled add noodles into it and keep for 5-10 minutes. Switch off the burner once the noodles appear to be softened a bit. Let them remain the same pan.
2. Now, heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in a pan, add sliced onion into it and sauté them. Once the onions appear little pinkish add one cup cabbage, half cup carrots and capsicum into it. Ensure to chop all vegetables as thin as possible. You can add salt to the vegetables to cook them quickly.
3. Once the vegetables get sautéed add half teaspoon salt (if not added earlier) and black pepper into it. You can decrease or increase this quantity as per the taste of your family. You can also add little bit of red pepper into it to make it spicier. Mix the mixture well with the spices.
4. Now add 2 teaspoon vinegar and 1-1.5 soya sauce into the above vegetables (you can add more or less as per the taste of your family). Mix it well.Drain the boiled noodles and let them get dried for 5-7 minutes.
Once the water gets completely drained add noodles to the vegetable mixture stirring delicately. Ensure not to break the noodles while stirring them. Let it get cooked for 5-10 minutes to blend well with the vegetables and spices.
5. Now your vegetarian Chinese noodles are ready to be served and enjoyed. You can put noodles into a bowl and then turn the noodle bowl down into a plate. Garnish the noodles with coriander leaves and red chili. You can serve the noodles with vinegar, soya sauce and red spicy sauce. Eat and enjoy.