Stir fry dishes are readily available in big as well as small Thai restaurants. But if you don’t want to waste lots of bucks to quench your appetite for Thai food, then you can try this super easy stir fry recipe right at your home. The required ingredients are pretty easily available in the Asian or oriental aisle of any grocery store and you don’t need to prepare much for this recipe. Just follow the steps carefully to cook this amazing Thai spicy chicken and pork stir fry recipe.
Difficulty level: Easy
Servings per recipe: 4-6
Time required for preparation: 10 minutes
Time required for cooking: 20-25 minutes
1 high-sided skillet
1 stirring spoon
1 sharp knife
1 lb. of chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
½ lb. of pork slices
2 tablespoons of prik khing curry
6-7 fresh kaffir lime leaves, julienned
6 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
½ cup of thinly sliced red pepper
2 cups of green beans, halved
1 teaspoon + ½ teaspoon of sugar
Method of Cooking
1. Take the chicken breasts in a colander and rinse each of the chicken breasts separately under running water from tap. Make sure that the chicken breasts are thoroughly cleaned. Once done, shake the colander to drain the excess water from the chicken and then keep them aside. Next, rinse the pork slices and also the vegetables. Now take the chicken breasts and keep them on your chopping board. Slice the chicken thinly to get small bite sized pieces.
2. Once you are done with the chicken, set it aside in a bowl and then slice the pork into fairly thin slices. Next, take the green beans and chop off their tips. If the beans are long enough, cut them in half; while, if they are short let them stay whole. But you should keep the beans 2-2 ½ inches long. Once you are done cutting the beans, take the red pepper and remove the seeds from it. Then slice it up thinly like slicing a bell pepper.
3. Now take a skillet and place it on the stove. Turn the knob and set the flame on medium. Add 3-4 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and let it heat up. Once the oil heats up, add-in the sliced chicken pieces and fry them until they turn into a slightly golden brown color. Next, add the prik khing curry and stir it to combine with the chicken. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes more and then add-in the pork slices. Cook the pork slices on medium high heat for 5-6 minutes or until they are nicely browned and remain no longer pink on the inner side.
4. Once you are done frying the chicken and the pork, add the beans and stir fry them for 2-3 minutes more or until they turn soft. Follow that by adding the red pepper slices. Let the mixture cook for 2-3 minutes more, while stirring it frequently. In the meantime, take the kaffir lime leaves and strip the leaf portions off by leaving out the veins at the middle of the leaves. Then roll the leaves and cut them into very thin slices to resemble thin sticks.
5. Once you are done frying the red peppers, add-in the soy sauce, sugar and the fish sauce. Stir it all up together and then finally, throw-in the julienned kaffir lime leaves. Give a brief stir to the mixture for a few seconds and then serve the chicken and pork stir fry with warm cooked white rice or cooked noodles.