Thai beef salad is an extremely popular mouth-watering Thai recipe. Though it is mainly served as an appetizer, the outstanding taste and flavor of this Asian salad delicacy easily make it an indispensable part of any meal. This delicious item is also considered to be the ‘hot favorite’ in the scorching summer. All its ingredients are fairly common, and rejuvenate our body as well as mind when combined with each other.
Thai beef salad is a light, deliciously tasty and aromatic dish. Being a combination of fresh coriander leaves, revitalizing lemon, cool cucumber, and refreshing mint, this lip-smacking dish makes an excellent lunch for a hot summer day when served with Thai-style dressing. It does not consume much preparation or cooking time, and anybody can try this at home as it is pretty easy-to-cook. Follow the recipe given here to make Thai beef salad at your home:
Thai Beef Salad Recipe
Preparation Time Required: 15 minutes
Cooking Time Required: 10 minutes
Total Time Required: 25 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Fresh lime juice – 1(1/2) tablespoons
Dark palm sugar – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped up)
Thai fish sauce – 1 tablespoon
Sesame oil – 2 teaspoons
Soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
Fresh ginger – 2 teaspoons (finely grated)
Garlic – 1 clove (crushed)
Beef rump steak – 1 (or about 680 grams)
Grape tomatoes – 1 packet (or about 200 grams)
Continental cucumber – 1 piece
Red onion – 1 piece
Long fresh red chilies – 2 pieces
Fresh mint – 1 bunch
Fresh coriander – 1 bunch
Fresh Thai basil – 1 bunch
Toasted peanuts – (1/3) cup (or about 55 grams)
Kaffir lime leaves – 4 leaves
Method Of Preparation
1. At first, all the raw ingredients of the salad should be cleaned and prepared thoroughly. Take the continental cucumber and cut it into two halves along the length. Slice each half diagonally to make thin pieces. Peel the red onion, cut it into two halves, and then make thin strips of them. Deseed the halved red chilies, and lengthwise slice them. Chop up the toasted peanuts coarsely. Take all the grape tomatoes out of the packet, wash them properly, and cut them into two halves.
2. Remove the centre veins of all Kaffir lime leaves, and mince them finely. Pick only the leaves of coriander from the entire bunch. Similarly, cut the leaves from the stems of mint and Thai basil. Tear the large leaves roughly.
3. Now, start preparing the salad. Firstly, take a jug and add fresh lime juice, finely ground dark palm sugar, Thai fish sauce, sesame oil, soya sauce, delicately grated fresh ginger, and crushed clove of garlic to it one by one. Using a small regular wire whisk, whip up all the ingredients until the dressing gets well combined.
4. Take a ceramic dish or a glass. Put the beef rump steak in the dish or the glass, and sprinkle it with about half of the already prepared dressing. Then take a plastic wrap and cover up the dressed beef steak properly. Now keep the dish or the glass in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Do not forget to turn the beef steak occasionally as it will help develop the amazing flavor.
5. After 2 hours, take the dressed beef rump steak out of the refrigerator and prepare it for grilling. You need a barbecue grill or chargrill pan or this. Preheat the chargrill pan on high flame. Place the beef steak on it, and cook it thoroughly. Grill each side of the beef steak for at least 2-3 minutes until it is cooked all the way through. Once you are done with the grilling, just move the cooked steak to a platter. Take a foil and cover it up loosely. Keep the platter aside for 10 minutes.
6. Now, take a large bowl. Put the halved grape tomatoes, thin pieces of the continental cucumber, thin strips of the red onion, deseeded and sliced long fresh red chilies, roughly shredded leaves of fresh mint, leaves of fresh coriander, coarsely torn leaves of fresh Thai basil, thickly chopped up toasted peanuts, and delicately minced Kaffir lime leaves in the bowl respectively. Slice the cooked beef rump steak gradually across the grain, and add to the content of the bowl.
7. Finally, sprinkle the entire mixture of the bowl with the rest of the dressing. Toss the bowl gently and carefully in order to combine all ingredients well. Once you are done with it, just divide the salad into equal parts and serve.