Darsaan is an authentic Chinese dessert recipe which is extremely popular and incredibly easy to make. This divine dessert recipe combines the delightful flavour of sweet, crispy honey dipped noodles along with chilled, yummy vanilla ice cream. Try this exotic dessert at home and surprise your guests with an unforgettable delicacy.
Ingredients for honeyed noodles:
All purpose flour- 1 cup
Sugar- 2 teaspoons
Honey- 2 teaspoons
Salt- ¼ teaspoon
Refined oil- For Frying
Roasted white sesame seeds- For garnishing
Milk- 300 ml
Sugar- 3 tablespoons
GMS (Glycerol monostearate) – ½ teaspoon
CMC (Carboxy methyl cellulose) – ½ teaspoon
China grass- ½ teaspoon
Corn flour- ½ teaspoon
Cream- ½ cup
Vanilla essence- 4-5 drops
Method of Preparation:
1. First prepare the honeyed noodles. Mix flour, salt and warm water together. Now knead the flour to make soft dough. Set aside the dough for half an hour. When the time elapses, apply some oil on your palms and knead the dough once again for few minutes.
2. Flatten the dough slightly with your fingers. Roll out the dough into thin, circular shape. Now take a knife and cut the dough into narrow strips. Put a frying pan on the flame and add some oil. After the oil gets heated, put the noodle strips into the oil. Fry until they turn slightly brown and crisp. Place the noodles on absorbent paper to remove extra oil.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon water into a saucepan. Add sugar and stir the mixture. Let it boil for few minutes. Now lower the flame and add honey. Stir the mixture once again. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes and then pour this mixture on top of the fried noodles. Coat the noodles properly with the honey sauce. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of the noodles.
4. Now its time for the ice cream. Place a heavy bottomed pan on the flame. Simmer the milk on low flame and wait till it comes to a boil. Mix the GMS and CMC with milk and pour this mixture into the pan. Meanwhile, mix china grass, corn flour and little milk in a small glass bowl. Wait for the sugar to get dissolved first. Now add the corn flour mixture and stir the milk. Put off the flame. Keep the milk aside in normal room temperature and allow it to cool.
5. Pour the milk, cream and vanilla essence in a blender and mix thoroughly. Pour this mixture into aluminium ice cream moulds. Allow it to freeze for 3 hours at high temperature. Take out the ice cream and put it inside the blender once again. Mix well and allow it to freeze for the second time at normal temperature.
6. Take out the ice cream from the moulds. Put the honeyed noodles on a serving dish. Place the chilled ice cream beside the noodles. Serve immediately.