Egg curry is the most delicious and popular recipe prepared with eggs. This recipe is incredibly easy to cook and can be quickly prepared in a very short span of time. The ingredients used in this recipe can be readily found in the kitchen shelves of every household.
The eggs are boiled and then cooked in rich and spicy gravy prepared with lots of aromatic spices. The egg curry can be served with plain rice, chapatti or paratha.
We all know that egg contains some of the most vital nutrients that are absolutely essential for our body. The list of nutrients contained in eggs include Vitamin A, Vitamin D, potassium, zinc, riboflavin, iron, folate, protein, calcium, selenium, magnesium and sodium to name only few. Consuming eggs on a regular basis helps to prevent heart diseases, degeneration of bones, strokes and even serious ailments like breast cancer.
If you want to keep your eyesight strong and increase your concentration power then you should include eggs in your daily diet. It lessens the chance of developing cataract and also promotes healthy vision. If you want to flaunt a glowing skin and luscious hair then you should definitely eat eggs habitually. Enjoy the health benefits of eggs with this tasty egg curry recipe.
Tomato- 2 (big)
Onion- 2 (medium size)
Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
Ginger paste- 1 teaspoon
Garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder- ½ teaspoon
Bay leaves- 2
Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Chopped coriander leaves- 1 cup
Groundnut oil- As required
Ghee- 1 tablespoon
Yogurt- 2 tablespoons
Salt- To taste
Method of Preparation:
1) Put a pan on the flame. Add sufficient water to boil the eggs. Now let the water heat for 1 minute. Put the eggs and let them boil. Gently remove the skin of the eggs and cut them into two equal halves.
2) Chop the tomato and onions into small pieces. Put the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom in the mixer and prepare a smooth garam masala paste.
3) Put a frying pan on the flame. Add adequate amount of oil and let it heat for 30 seconds. Now add the onion and fry until it turns light golden brown in colour.
Next add the bay leaves, garlic paste, ginger paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and yogurt to the fried onions. Mix the masala properly and continue cooking until a nice flavour comes up.
4) Now add the tomato slices and cook for 7-10 minutes. When the gravy becomes little thick add the egg slices. Sprinkle little salt on the egg slices before putting them inside the gravy. Stir the eggs very gently to coat them with the gravy. Add very little salt and pour slight water to cook the eggs properly.
5) Put the ghee and garam masala paste on top when the gravy becomes little thick. Mix the masala gently with the gravy. Add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame. Pour the eggs on a big plate and serve absolutely hot.