There is probably no dessert as delicious and yummy as cheesecake. However; you don’t get the perfect creamy cheesecake, until you follow the right steps and learn some tricks to prepare it. So, here is a fabulous recipe of raspberry cheesecake, which is absolutely tantalizing and most importantly, super smooth and creamy, instead of being chalky and lumpy – a variety you often get to taste.
Preparation time: 12 hours
Cooking time: 1 hour
• 32 oz. of cream cheese, at room temperature
• 3/4th cup of sour cream
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 1 cup of white sugar, granulated
• 3 tablespoons of normal flour
• Fresh zest of ½ lemon
• ½ cup of raspberry jam, seedless
• 4 organic eggs
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For The Crust:
• 6 tablespoons of melted butter
• 1 ½ cups of crumbs of graham cracker
• 2 tablespoon of white sugar
1. To start the preparation for the cheesecake, set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, take a round spring form baking pan and line its exterior with a heavy duty aluminium foil.
2. Take the graham cracker crumbs in a large mixing bowl and add the melted butter and the white sugar to it. Once you have added the three ingredients, combine those with the help of a spatula, until the sugar and melted butter gets combined with the crumbs.
3. The mixture should become a little moistened, so that you can press it down into the baking pan and form the crust for the cheesecake.
4. Dump the moistened graham cracker crumb mixture into the baking pan and then spread it around evenly in the entire pan, so that you get a layer of even thickness.
5. Press down the layer of crumbs with your knuckles, so that it sets and then place the crumb crust in the preheated oven to bake it for 8-10 minutes or until it attains a golden brown color. You can let the cheesecake crust to sit in your refrigerator for 12 hours, so as to make it firmly sit in the tray.
6. Now to prepare the filling of the cheesecake, dump all the cream cheese blocks into the bowl of your standing mixer.
7. Beat the cream cheese in the mixer until it gets all beaten up and creamy. When done, crack open the eggs and dump their entire content one by one into the bowl with the cream cheese.
8. Beat the mixture of cream cheese and eggs on medium speed for 1 minute. Once the eggs are combined, add the vanilla extract, sugar, salt and the sour cream to the mixture.
9. Follow that by adding the flour. However; make sure that you don’t dump the entire flour all at once. Mix the flour a little at once on low speed, until you finish the entire amount.
10. Once you get ready with the cream cheese filling, pour the entire amount into the baking pan consisting of the crust. Even out the top of the cream cheese filling layer.
11. Place the baking pan in another baking tray and then top the cream cheese layer with medium sized dollops of raspberry jam. Swirl the raspberry jam all over the cheese in lines, by poking with knife and going through the dollops. Pour hot water into the baking tray.
12. Finally, pop the baking tray into the oven. Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour. Once ready, all the cheesecake to cool for 2-3 hours.
13. Let the cheesecake sit in your refrigerator for 7-8 hours. Remove the cheesecake from refrigerator the next day and serve!