For all you pasta lovers out there, who love white sauce macaroni and have a frequent craving for it, but do not have cheese at home or want to make a tasty, inexpensive, white sauce macaroni, here is a very simple and extremely easy recipe for you. Made with easily available ingredients in your kitchen, this is a no fuss method to make delicious white sauce macaroni in minutes.
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Servings – 2
Difficulty – Easy
1. Macaroni (elbow shaped or any other pasta) – 200 gm
2. Onion – 2 ( chopped in slices )
3. Cream (use the cream that sets up on refrigerated milk) – 1/2 cup
4. Milk – 1/2 cup
5. Tomato ketchup ( optional ) – 2 tbsp
6. Salt ( to taste )
7. Refined oil – 2 tbsp
1. Red chili flakes
PREPARATION METHOD –
1. Boil the pasta in a pan, add a little refined oil to the water so the pasta does not get sticky.
2. After pasta is cooked ( soft but firm ) remove the water and wash the pasta under cold water and keep it aside.
3. In another pan heat the oil and cook the chopped onions until they are golden brown.
4. Add cream to cooked onion and cook for 2 minutes on low heat. You can use cream that settles on the refrigerated milk, or cream that you store in the freezer, just melt the cream before adding it to the onions. If home-made cream is not available use store bought fresh cream instead.
5. Now add milk to the pan, when the milk gets hot add the cooked pasta and salt to taste.
6. After the milk is reduced and you get a thick sauce , put tomato ketchup to it and cook for another 2 minutes on low flame.
7. Take the pan off the flame and season with red chili flakes and oregano.
Though this recipe has macaroni, you can use any pasta of your choice. If you want to make it more flavorful add fried small cubes of paneer or chicken and sweet corn. For a healthier version, add different veggies of your choice like carrots, cauliflower, capsicum, etc.
Serve it hot alone or with bread and enjoy this delicious super easy recipe. You will definitely love it and offer it to your friends and family.