Bread toasts are common breakfast enjoyed throughout the world. When given a twist it can be turned to a never boring snack or breakfast item. The ease of making and ease of eating gives it the title of an easy breakfast recipe. Other than the soggy bread toasts we usually make here is an interesting french toast recipe which Iam sure you all will love.
Especially the little ones for whom breakfast before school is a mess and the working people who get no much time to enjoy a relaxed breakfast on the table.This can also be sent in the tiffins for breaktime snack. With the presence of both milk and eggs in the batter, it can be a healthy start to take off your day with full energy.
Preparation time required : 20 minutes
Cooking time required : 10 minutes
serves : 12 people.
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of warm milk
1 pinch of salt
3 whole eggs
1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of white sugar
2 tablespoon of banana puree (optional)
1 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
12 thick slices of any bread
Garnishing the bread
sliced fruits of your choice
finely chopped roasted nuts of your choice
some maple syrup or any topping syrup of your choice
A griddle or a large fry pan
Method of Preparation
1. In a large bowl put together the sugar and all purpose flour and start mixing them. Now slowly add the milk and keep stirring to avoid the formation of lumps in between.
2. After the sugar got dissolved well with the batter, add the other three ingredients cinnamon powder, salt and vanilla extract. The other two optional ingredients banana puree and nutmeg can also be added now, but can be made tasty even without them. Adding them brings banana flavoured toasts and becomes a nutritious breakfast. Spices neutralises the egg smell.
3. Now beat the eggs with a fork for 2 – 3 minutes and then combine it with the batter to make it to a medium thick consistency. The batter should not be running or even very thick. Adjust the consistency with flour or milk, according to the requirement.
4. Heat a griddle and add little butter to it.Keep the flame medium.Adjust the butter depending for whom you make, if its for children add more butter but if for adults then try to use lesser amount for a healthy food.
5. Carefully soak the bread slices in the batter without breaking them and cook it on the griddle until it turns golden brown on each sides. Dont keep changing the sides often as this might crack them easily.
Give some time for each sides to cook well. Keep stirring the batter after making each sets as there is a chance for the flour to get settled down. Serve hot with some maple syrup spreaded on with finely chopped nuts and sliced fruits of your choice.