Mixed drinks are basically alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages that are prepared by mixing two or more ingredients. The ingredients of the drinks may or may not be alcoholic. And depending upon the nature of the ingredients used, mixed drinks can be classified into many broad categories.
Some of the most popular mixed drink categories are cocktails, punch, coolers, flips and cobblers. Although some of these drinks are made with liquors, but their alcohol content normally don’t go too high. So, if you have been attending some kind of party where you want to avoid highly alcoholic drinks, you can definitely opt for these heavenly mixed drinks.
1 oz. + 1/2 oz. of Rum
1/2 oz. of simple syrup
2 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
1 oz. + 2/3 oz. of carbonated water
1/2 oz. of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1-2 lime wheels, for garnishing
1. Cut the lime into thin wedges and then take a highball glass. Pluck 10-12 mint leaves from the stem and then throw them into a highball glass. Top the mint leaves with the sugar syrup and the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
2. Fill up the glass with a few cubes of ice and then slowly pour the Rum into the glass. Finally, fill up the rest of the glass with the carbonated water and then give a light stir to bring up the mint leaves. Once ready, serve the mojito with a lime wheel stuck on the egde of the glass.
1 oz. + 2/3rd oz. of Vodka
A dash of freshly squeezed lime juice
2-4 drops of Tabasco sauce
3 oz. of tomato juice
3 drops of worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of horseradish sauce
A pinch of salt
1 stalk of celery, for garnishing
A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 lime wedge (optional)
1. Pour the Tabasco sauce into a highball glass and then add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to it. Top that with the worcestershire sauce. Follow that by adding the lime juice, horseradish sauce and the tomato juice.
2. Finally, pour the Vodka into the glass. Stir the solution lightly to combine all the added ingredients and then serve the Bloody Mary with a stick of celery and a lime wedge.
1 oz. of light Rum
3 oz. of pineapple juice
1-2 cubes of pineapple
4-5 ice cubes
1 oz. of coconut milk/ coconut cream
Pineapple slices, for garnishing
Drop some ice cubes into a blender and then add the pineapple juice, coconut milk, 1-2 pineapple cubes and the Rum to them. Process the mixture until smooth and then pour it into a collins or hurricane glass. Serve the chilled Pina Colada with a few pineapple slices and a straw.
1 oz. of light rum
1/5th oz. of sugar syrup
Pineapple spear, for garnishing
1/2 oz. of orange juice
1/3rd oz. of freshly squeezed lime juice
1 oz. floats of dark rum
A splash of almond liqueur
1/2 oz. of Orgeat syrup
Lime peel, for garnishing
1. Put a few ice cubes into a shaker and then add the light rum, Orgeat syrup, orange juice, sugar syrup and the lime juice to them. Shake the mixture well with the ice cubes and then transfer the content into a highball glass.
2. Add the floats of dark rum and then splash the top with a dash of almond liqueur. Finally, garnish the Mai Tai with a pineapple spear and a lime peel before serving it with a straw.
1 oz. of coffee liquere
1 oz. of cream
2 oz. of Vodka
Few ice cubes
Fill up an old fashioned glass with a few ice cubes almost upto the rim of the glass and then pour the coffee liquere and vodka slowly and gradually into the glass. Finally, top the drink with the cream and stir lightly with a stirrir to combine the cream. Serve the cold White Russian drink immediately.
1/4th oz. of Gomme syrup
1 lime wedge, for garnishing
1/2 oz. of fresh lime juice
1 oz. + 1/2 oz. of light Rum
Pour the light Rum, Gomme syrup and the lime juice into a shaker. Add a few ice cubes and then close the lid of the shaker to shake the mixture thoroughly until well blended. Once prepared, strain the mixture into a fancy cocktail glass and then serve it with a fresh wedge of lime.