Crunchy greens with a topping of tasty mustard dressing can make an excellent appetizer. This dish is not only tasty and delicious but also quite healthy as well. It is excellent for those fussy kids who do not like to have the healthy greens in their diet.
The salad greens can be purchased fresh from the market and the mustard dressing for it can be prepared in advance and refrigerated. Mustard dressing is an extremely popular salad dressing as it is very tasty and coats the mixed greens quite well. Here is a simple recipe for mixed greens with mustard dressing that you can try at home and even include your kids for some extra fun.
How To Make Mixed Greens With Mustard Dressing
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving: 5 persons
What You Need
For The Mixed Greens
A cup of Radicchio leaves torn into small pieces
Two cups of chopped Cilantro
Two cups of chopped chives
Four cups of frisee torn into little pieces
A cup of croutons
Half a cup of shredded feta cheese
One cup of sliced red peppers
Half a cup of thinly cut carrots and plum tomatoes
For The Mustard Dressing
Two tablespoons Dijon mustard
Half a cup of olive oil
One garlic clove minced or half a teaspoon garlic powder
Two tablespoons white vinegar or balsamic vinegar
Half a cup of honey
Two tablespoon lemon juice
One fourth teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper as per taste
Method Of Preparation
1. Rinse all the greens in water properly and pat dry. Place them in a refrigerator and allow the mixed greens to cool before serving. Meanwhile you can make the mustard dressing for the mixed greens.
Photo Credit : Mywomansworld.ru/zelenyj-salat-s-orexami-i-syrom
2. In a bowl mix the mustard, vinegar, garlic, honey and lemon juice. Whisk all the ingredients together and slowly add olive oil while you do so. You can also use a hand blender as it makes it easier to mix all the ingredients and allows you to make a smooth salad dressing in minutes. Season the mustard dressing with salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
3. There are many variations of this simple mustard dressing that you can try. Some people like adding yogurt or herbs like dried rosemary or dried basil for added taste and flavor. Instead of white vinegar you can also use red wine vinegar. The dressing for the mixed greens can be made three to four days in advance and refrigerated in an air tight container
4. Once the mustard dressing is prepared, combine the salad mixed greens with carrots, croutons, tomatoes, red peppers and shredded cheese and mix all the ingredients well using a large wooden spoon. Drizzle the mustard dressing on top and mix it well with the spoon so that the salad greens are well coated.
5. You can refrigerate the mixed greens with the dressing before serving. You can also add some toasted pine nuts on top. There are many other ingredients that you can use to make the mixed greens. Belgian endive, tarragon leaves and even grilled chicken sliced into thin strips can be used for the salad.
Photo Credit: Ensalada.todosobre.info/ensalada-verde-con-aderezo-de-oliva.html