One of the most popular types of cookies, the oatmeal cookies have gained their popularity due to their crispy texture and mouthwatering taste. These cookies are loeaded with the goodness of nuts, oats and raisins, which also make them super delicious.
Apart from being tasty, these little cookies are also perfect for nibbling between meals. So, prepare these tasty and healthy cookies at your home and store them up to give your guests a nice treat.
Servings: 24-28 cookies
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Baking Time: 15-18 minutes
1 cup of plain all-purpose flour
1 cup of unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
3 cups + 1/4th cup of rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of dried raisins or chocolate chip cookies
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Take a baking tray and line it with a parchment paper. Spread the nuts or pecans in the baking sheet and then insert it into the oven to toast the nuts until they turn brownish and crispy. Once done, remove the baking sheet from the oven and then transfer the toased nuts into another bowl to let them cool down. Once the baking sheet cools down, replace the parchment paper in the baking sheet with another parchment paper and then set a preheating temperture of 350 degrees fahrenheit on your oven.
2. Once the nuts cool down, chop them up into small pieces. Now attach a mixing bowl to your mixer and drop the butter into the bowl. Add the sugar to the butter and then beat the mixture until they are well combined, for about 2-3 minutes. Once the sugar and butter gets combined, add the egg and then beat the mixture for another 2 minutes or until well combined. Next, add the vanilla extract and mix for another 1 minute.
3. Take a seperate bowl and tip the flour, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon. Whisk the mixture until all of the dry ingredients are well combined. Now slow down the speed of the mixer and tip a little bit of the flour mixture into the liquid mixture in the bowl of the electric mixer. Add the remaining flour mixture while beating the batter constantly. Once the entire flour mixture is well incorporated and you get a smooth batter, tip the toasted nuts, dried raisins or chocolate chip cookies and rolled oats into the batter.
4. Once everything is mixed, scrape the sides of the mixing bowl to gather the entire batter and then give a light stir to mix all the dried nuts and oats with the batter. Now fetch the baking sheets and line the other one with a parchment paper. Now take an ice cream scoop and pick up a little bit of the batter with the scoop. Once done, drop the dollop of batter in the baking sheet.
5. Now pick up some more batter with the scoop and drop the batter at some distance from the other dollop of batter. Arrange some more cookie batters in the baking sheet in the same way, by maintaining some distance between each cookie. Now dip your fingers in water and press the tops of the cookies lightly to flatten them slightly.
6. Once all the cookies are flattened, pop the baking sheets into the preheated oven to bake the cookies for 12-16 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned but the center portions should remain a little soft and wet. Once done, remove the cookies from the oven and serve after the cookies cool down.