If there is a crucial part of the arduous task of decorating or redecorating a home, then it has to be decorating the bedroom. This is due to the fact that bedroom is a vital part of a house not just because it accommodates the bed where you sleep; but because of the fact that it is that one place where one likes to spend all the sultry and relaxing moments. It also is the place where one likes to lay back after having spent a tiring day at work. Above all, it is that corner of the home, where one reunites with the family and spouse leaving all the worries and tensions outside the door. Therefore, it is important that this part of the home be decorated with utmost care, love, and dedication. This can be done, primarily by taking care of some of the factors, which can be counted as essential to bedroom decoration. The knowledge of these factors would render you the knowledge of the aspects that need more focus from your side as you decorate your bedroom.
Factors to be Considered While Bedroom Decoration
The Dimensions of the Room
The first consideration is of course the room dimensions. These determine the size of the bed that you would place in the room along with the other furniture pieces, such as the wardrobe, chairs, dresser, loungers, study table etc, which can be accommodated in it. The minimum bedroom size would be that which would at least allow you to keep a queen size bed and a wardrobe.
The Direction of the Sunlight
Natural sunlight is important to be retained in the bedroom, as it would keep the room fresh and damp free. In addition, who doesn’t like waking up to the first rays of the sun? The first rays of the sun are said to freshen up the mind and rejuvenate a positive outlook in an individual. At the same time, this would help you conserve electricity! Therefore, make sure that there is enough natural light entering your bedroom through any of the windows.
Yes, we all prefer to have air conditioning in our bedrooms, but one must admit that there is nothing, which can replace the freshness of the natural wind! It not only makes you and your house feel fresh, but also removes the unhealthy and damp air from the house and replaces it with fresh air. Recently, it has been revealed that damp air can even lead to breathing problems. Therefore, it is essential that you have ventilation ducts in your bedroom. If not, then you should make sure that the windows of the bedroom are opened everyday to allow the air to circulate and freshen up.
Space for Movement
As you plan to decorate or redecorate your bedroom, it is essential that you keep ample space for movement in it. This means that after placing the bed and other required furniture pieces in the room, there should be ample space to move around it. Drawing a layout of the room, with the actual dimensions of the room and furniture pieces, before decorating it would be helpful in ensuring this. In addition, you should be careful to check that the furniture pieces are not very large, so that they don’t hinder your mobility around the room.
In order to build the right environment in your bedroom, it is essential to place the right accessories in it. Some of the common kinds of accessories that could be used by you are the photographs of you and your family in attractive photo frames and some interesting lights and lamps. At the same time, you could pick beautiful patterns for curtains and bed spreads so that they enhance the overall appeal of the bedroom by many folds! However, remember that the accessories chosen should complement the color combination followed in the room; and should be picked up after considering your tastes and likings. After learning these essential factors, you would find it very easy to decorate your bedroom. However, you could still utilize some tips and tricks for bedroom decoration.
Tips and Tricks for Bedroom Decoration
1. Choose the furniture carefully. Small and compact size furniture pieces should be preferred to the large and bulky ones as these take less space and are convenient to move around the house whenever the need be.
2. Maintain a color scheme. As you decorate the bedroom, you should keep a color scheme in mind. At the same time, a color scheme can make the room look big or small; therefore, you need to be immensely careful about it.
3. Wall colors. The colors of the walls of your bedroom would affect not only the choice of the furnishings, but also the overall mood of your room. Thus, analyze the personality of the people for whom you are decorating the room and then make a choice of the wall colors.
4. Pick adequate lighting accessories. Lighting accessories are essential to the functionality of your bedroom. However, instead of going in for the regular lights and bulbs, you could pick some decorative lights, which could add to the looks of your room and also serve the required function. There can be vast options in these found today and it could in fact be fun searching for proper lighting accessories for your bedroom. So go ahead and explore the market place!
5. Use textures and patterns. A good way of making a difference to the décor of your bedroom would be to use textures and patterns on the walls. You could also make use of some wallpaper that contain patterns and designs of your choice. However, make sure that either way, you should be following the color scheme carefully.
6. Pick the Linen carefully. The Linen that you use, i.e. the curtains, bed sheets, table covers, carpets etc should be in association with the walls and the door and window colors. These can be helpful in giving a definite shape to your bedroom, therefore, you must choose them after intense meditation.
7. Make use of rugs and carpets. No longer are carpets and rugs the taste of the rich and spoilt. These days, you can find highly affordable rugs and carpets in the market that can enhance the looks of your bedroom in many ways. At the same time, keeping a small rug, near the bed would let you prevent the morning chills from the floor. So, do pick up one for your bedroom as your decorate or redecorate it!