Are you planning to prepare completely different dessert for your friends and family? Pumpkin pie can be a good choice. You can make pumpkin pie either from fresh fruit or from canned fruit.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Preparation time – two hours
Cooking time – one hour
Total time –three hours
Serves – eight
Pumpkin puree – one and a half cup
Heavy cream – one and a half cup
Single pie crust – nine inch diameter
Brown sugar – half cup
Flour – one tablespoon
Salt – half teaspoon
Ground cinnamon – one teaspoon
Ground ginger – half teaspoon
Ground nutmeg – quarter teaspoon
Light corn syrup – half cup
Beaten eggs – three
Vanilla essence – one teaspoon
Whipped cream – for serving
1. First and foremost step in the preparation of this desert is the making of pumpkin puree. If you are planning to extract it from a fresh pumpkin, choose the pumpkin from the pumpkins that are grown especially for eating like milk pumpkins, sugar pumpkins, cheese pumpkins etc. The pumpkin should be free of blemish, should be firm and with intact stem. Wash the pumpkin and remove the stringy fibers and seeds.
2. In order to extract the puree, paste the cut surfaces of the pumpkin with vegetable oil and keep the pumpkin halves with cut side facing down on a roasting pan in one cup of water. Keep the roasting pan in a preheated oven and bake the pumpkin for sixty minutes. The flesh of the properly baked pumpkin should be tender. Once it is baked well, take out the pumpkins from the oven and keep it on a cutting board. When the pumpkin halves are cooled down, scrap the flesh and leave the skin.
3. Keep the flesh so obtained in a glass bowl and mash it with a potato masher or food processor till it makes a smooth consistency. Thereafter transfer the puree to a sieve lined with paper towel and allow the excess moisture to drain out. Now the puree is ready to use.
4. In a bowl, mix flour and brown sugar and add it to the pumpkin puree followed by heavy cream. Beat the entire mixture till they blend well and thereafter, add cinnamon, salt, cloves and ginger and mix well. After this, add corn syrup and beat the entire mixture well. You can even use a blender for this purpose. Finally, add the vanilla essence and beaten eggs to the mixture and blend them well with the rest of the mixture.
5. By the time prepare the pie crust and transfer the pumpkin filling into the chilled and unbaked pie crust. Keep it in a preheated oven and bake for fifty to sixty minutes.
6. After thirty minutes, check whether the pie crust has gotten become brown in color and if it becomes brown, cover the pie with a foil and bake. Remove the foil during the last ten minutes of baking, so that the pie crust gets to obtain complete browning.
7. In order to check whether the pie is properly cooked, insert a knife into the center of the pie. If the knife come out clean, it’s an indication that the pie is ready to serve. Then, allow the pie to cool down completely and then, cut the pie in to slices and serve along with a spoonful of whipped cream.