On every weekend we do not feel like going out for lunch. The entire week keeps us so busy that we like to avoid the traffic and crowd during the weekend. But that does not mean we are away from specialty food and bunch of friends.
There are plenty of easy recipes which you can try and enjoy at home. It takes minimum time, healthy, tasty and fills you up. One of those is Italian Snow Balls. Though it sounds very complicated but it’s very easy and quick to make and most of the ingredients are available in a regular kitchen.
Italian Snow Balls
Things You Need
4 Chicken legs (skinless)
4 Chicken Breasts (with bones and skinless)
4 Chicken thighs (with bones and skinless)
4 Tablespoons of fresh Lime juice
Salt to taste
400 grams of Yoghurt
100 grams of Gram Flour
1 Large Egg
2 Egg whites
15 Black Pepper corns
2 Medium sized Cinnamon sticks (about 5 cm)
10 Garlic cloves
2 cm Ginger piece
Grind all these together into a smooth paste
1) Wash the Chicken pieces properly and make small and multiple incisions with the help of a fork.
2) Marinate the pieces in Lime juice and Salt for 15 minutes. Drain the excess water.
3) Hang the yoghurt in a clean muslin cloth for some time to drain the excess water.
4) Dry roast the Gram Flour.
5) Beat the Egg, Roasted Gram flour and the yoghurt in a mixing bowl. Add the spice mix to it and fold it well.
6) Marinate the Chicken pieces in this mixture for about 4 hours.
7) You can use a Tandoor to grill the chicken pieces or the oven too. To bake in the oven, preheat the oven at 800 degree F/ 200 degree C. Place the chicken in a greased baking dish. Drizzle the chicken pieces with some Oil and Cream and keep doing it occasionally.
8 ) When the Chicken is cooked, beat up the Egg whites and layer it over the top. Grill it for 2-3 minutes at high heat. When the Egg white turns opaque and slightly brown, turn off the oven and take out the chicken.
9) You can cook the chicken earlier and add the Egg white later and grill before serving. Serve it with Italian Green Salad.
Italian Green Salad Recipe
Photo Credit: Funkidbirthdays.com
Things You Need
½ a cup of Olive oil
¼ cup of Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tablespoons of Water
3 Table spoons of Italian Salad Dressing
10 Ounce of Salad Greens like- Spinach, French Beans, Lettuce, Rocket leaves and Cucumbers.
1 small Red Onion thinly sliced
1 large Tomato, deseeded and chopped
1 cup of Feta cheese, crumbled
¾ cup of dried Cranberries (optional)
1) In a tight lid jar add the Olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Water and Italian Salad Dressing together. Put the lid on and shake well.
2) Take a large salad bowl put all the Salad Greens, chopped Tomatoes, Onions, crumbled Cheese and dried Cranberries together. Pour in the mix from the jar and toss it well. Serve fresh with the hot Italian Snow Balls.