Looking for great soup recipes which can be easily made at home? Look no more. Try the following soups; you will not leave the last drop behind.
Cream of Almond Soup
When we talk about soups, lets start with this sweet creamy recipe.
Sometime ago this soup was only popular during winters but now it is equally enjoyed all around the year.
Things you need
100 grams of Almond
1 tablespoon of Butter
I small Onion, chopped
1 tablespoon of Nutmeg powder
2 cups of Chicken stock
2 cups of Milk
Half a cup of cream
Half a teaspoon of freshly ground Black Pepper
Salt to taste
4 table spoons of chopped Almonds
4 tablespoons of fresh Cream
4 tablespoons of chopped fresh Parsley
1) Soak the Almonds in water overnight. Remove the skin next morning. Chop the Almonds.
2) Take a round bottomed pan and heat the Butter at low flame. Add the Onions and allow them to soften. Do not fry.
3) In another Saucepan add the chopped Almonds, 1 and a half cup of Chicken stock and Nutmeg powder. Boil it for 10 minutes.
4) Cool the mixture to room temperature and make its paste in a mixer. Drain the excess water from this paste and add rest of the stock to it. Boil this mixture for few minutes and again drain the excess water.
5) Now add Milk and Black Pepper powder to this paste and bring to boil. When it becomes a little thick add Salt and Cream. Lower the gas mark and do not boil any further.
6) Pour the hot soup in bowls and garnish with chopped Almonds, Cream and Chopped Parsley on the top.
When the other day we were just two of us at home, not feeling to go out as it was raining heavily, I prepared this delicious soup which involves minimum effort.
Though this soup is very interesting and it is great idea to enjoy this with your friends too. You can consider this as a snack soup too!
Things you need
For the Momo
100 grams of all purpose Flour
125 grams of minced Meat/ Soya
1 tablespoon of Peanut oil
125 grams of chopped Onion
1 and a half tablespoon of light Soya sauce
Salt to taste
1 pinch of Ajinomoto.
For the Soup
6 cups of Stock (the stock should be of extremely high quality)
Half a cup of boiled Meat or Soya
1 Egg (optional)
1 tablespoon of Corn flour
Pinch of Ajinomoto
1) Add warm water to the all purpose Flour and make tight dough. Store the dough covered at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2) Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them into 4 inch diameter thin rounds.
3) Mix all the ingredients of filling in a bowl.
4) Take 1 table spoon of this filling and place it in the middle of the flattened Flour disc. Do the same for rest of the dough.
5) Moisten your figure and seal the edges of the flour discs by pressing resulting in a semicircle shaped Momo.
6) Now boil the stock in a heavy bottomed saucepan and slowly add the Momos to it. Boil it for 20 minutes at medium gas mark.
7) Now add the boiled Meat or Soya chunks and Ajinomoto to the boiling stock.
8 ) Add salt to taste. Mix the Corn Flour in water and add to the soup. Stir it gently.
9) Lower the gas mark to low and add the Egg slowly, so it forms threads. (Optional)
10) Serve it hot with Soya sauce and green Chili sauce.