Vermicelli is a healthy and nutritious food item which can be used to make delicious breakfast or snacks items. It is easily digested by the body and makes for a great snack item for all age groups. Vermicelli is used in preparing: kheer,upma, sandwiches, sweet sewiyaan or vermicelli noodles fondly known as salted sewiyaan.
In this article we are going to learn how to make delicious & nutritious Vermicelli Noodles at home. You can increase the nutritiou value of the dish by adding plenty of seasonal vegetables to it. This is extremely healthy and nutritious snack for growing kids. The addition of vegetables into this dish is one of the smart ways of making kids eat healthy vegetables which, they otherwise shy away from eating in their daily course.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required for preparation: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients For Delicious Vermicelli
Vermicelli: 1 cup
Oil: 2-3 tablespoon
Vegetables: you can always pick & choose from the given list based on your audience taste
Onion: 1 medium size
Potato: 1 medium size
Tomato: 1 medium size
Peas: half cup
Beans: half cup
Carrots: half cup
Capsicum: half cup
To increase nutritional value one can also add following items
Broccoli: half cup
Tofu: 1/4 cup grated
Paneer: 1/4 grated
Spinach: 1/4 cup chopped
Coriandera and mint leaves : handful for garnishing
Nutrela Chunks: 1/4 cup
Medium size cup for measurement
Steps for Preparation
1. Take 4 cups of water in a deep pan and put to boil. Once the water gets boiled put 1 cup vermicelli into it along with a pinch of salt and one teaspoon of oil. Let the vermicelli boil for 5-7 minutes and switch off the burner. Check if vermicelli has got boiled before switching off the burner. Let vermicelli remain in the pan and let it cool.
2. Now chop all the vegetables- onion, potato, tomato,beans, carrot, capsicum and broccoli in small rectangular pieces.
3. Now take 3 tablespoon cooking oil in a pan. Once the oil is heatedput all the above listed vegetables in it.
4. First put onion once they get light pinkish put potatoes, peas, beans, capsicum, carrots, broccoli & tomatoes into the pan. Stir fry till all the vegetables get cooked well and get soft. Add salt as per your taste to soften the vegetables quickly.
5. Once the vegetables have been cooked put red pepper, garam masala, amchoor & coriander powder to it as per your taste. You can also add one teaspoon oregano and tabasco into it if it goes well with your family’s taste. Mix all the spices well.
6. Now slowly add vermicelli to the above mixture stirring the ingredients delicately.
7. Let the mixture cook on slow flame for 5-7 minutes. Switch off the burner. Your vermicelli noodles are now ready to be served.
8. Garnish the vermicelli noodles with fresh coriander and mint leaves and serve hot in a bowl or plate.
9. Your delicious & healthy Vermicelli Noodles are now ready to be served. You can serve this with red or green sauce as per the taste of your family.
To bring a Chinese flavor to this dish you can add 1-2 teaspoon vinegar and soya sauce once the vegetables have been cooked. Eat Healthy Vermicelli Noodels and Stay Fit