Children love muffins and these little treats become more delectable and mouth-watering when topped with cinnamon flavored crumb.
Muffins are not only loved by children but also by their mothers as muffins are easy to prepare, requires pretty less preparation time and are perfect for children’s parties. These can be even packed pretty easily for guests.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Baking Time: 20-22 minutes
2cups of plain all-purpose flour
4 ripe bananas, mashed
110 grams of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon + 1/5th teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup + 1/3rd cup of white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon + 1/5th teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the crumb:
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
35 grams of unsalted butter
2/3rd cup of packed brown sugar
A pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Set your oven to 190 degrees centigrade and then take a muffin tray. Place the tray on a flat and hard surface so that you can grease it easily. For that, hold one of the ends of the muffin tray with one of your hands and then rub the cups with softened butter. Once done, line each of the muffin cups in the tray with paper liners and then set it aside so that you can prepare the batter for the muffins.
2. Now take a microwave-safe bowl and put 110 grams of butter in it. Pop the bowl into the microwave to melt the butter. Once the butter melts completely, take out the bowl carefully from the microwave and then set it aside to allow the butter to get cooled down. While the butter is cooling down, take a large mixing bowl and dump the all-purpose flour in it. Add the baking powder, salt and baking soda to the flour and then give a nice stir to mix everything thoroughly.
3. Now take a medium sized bowl and place it on your cooking counter. Take one of the bananas and peel off its skin. Dump the banana into the bowl and then dump the other bananas as well. Once all the bananas are put into the bowl, mash them up with the help of a fork or a spoon. Mash the bananas very nicely so that they become very smooth. Once done, pour the melted butter and the sugar into the mixing bowl of an electric mixer and then mix the two ingredients together until well combined.
4. Once done, crack open the eggs and tip them into the bowl. Beat the mixture on medium speed until you get a smooth mixture. Next, stir the mashed bananas into the mixture. Once done, slowly pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture while beating it on low speed. Mix the batter until the whole of it is moistened. Once ready, take the paper cups lined muffin pan and drop spoonfuls of the batter into each cup. Leave out some space at the top so that the muffins can expand while baking.
5. Now take a small bowl and tip the remaining flour, brown sugar and ground cinnamon into it. Give a light stir to mix everything and then drop the knob of butter into the mixture. Mix the butter with the mixture until the texture of the mixture turns crumbly. Once ready, sprinkle the crumb mixture over the muffin batter and then pop the muffin tray into the oven. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until their tops turn brownish in color and a skewer comes out clean when inserted at the middle portion of the muffins.