The chicken korma recipe is absolutely delicious and can be cooked in a jiffy. This popular chicken dish is extremely popular in India and it is usually served with naan, paratha, chapati or plain basmati rice. It can also be served with pulao during special occasions like parties, weddings and other social gatherings.
The chicken korma is a royal recipe that is prepared by cooking chicken in rich gravy containing various spices, yogurt and coconut milk. You can easily prepare this dish in a short span of time and surprise your guests with a mouth-watering side dish.
Chicken contains Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6 tryptophan, selenium and phosphorus in abundant quantities. Chicken also comes with numerous health benefits. It a very good source of protein and can be easily consumed by all due to its low fat content. It also helps to prevent the degeneration of bones and reduces the risk of arthritis in both the young and old alike. It is also known to be helpful in treating Alzheimer’s disease. Consuming chicken also aids in maintaining a healthy central nervous system and strengthens liver function. So, prepare this delectable creamy chicken korma at home and relish with your whole family.
Chicken- 1 (medium size)
Cashew nut paste- 25 grams
Garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Ginger paste- 1 teaspoon
Kashmiri red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Yogurt- 100 grams
Coconut milk- ½ cup
Chopped green chillies- 2
Raisins- 1 tablespoon
Chopped onion- 2
Lime juice- 4 tablespoons
Chopped coriander leaves- 1 tablespoon
Saffron- 1 pinch
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Poppy seeds- 1 teaspoon
Black pepper- 7-8
Sunflower oil- As required
Salt- To taste
Method of Preparation
1) Wash the chicken properly and cut it into 8 pieces. Put the cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, black pepper and poppy seeds into the mixer. Make a smooth paste.
2) Put a big pan on the flame. Add adequate amount of oil and let it heat for 1 minute. Now add the onion slices and fry until they turn golden brown in colour. Then add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
3) Next add the masala paste and red chilli powder. Fry the masala for 1-2 minutes. Whip the yogurt very nicely and then pour it into the pan. Mix all the ingredients properly and continue frying till a nice aroma comes up. Now add the cashew nut paste and mix it nicely with the masala.
4) Next put the chicken pieces and fry them nicely. Keep on stirring the chicken for few minutes. Now add 2½ cups of water and little salt. Stir the chicken once again and let it cook on low flame. Cover the pan properly.
5) Remove the cover when the chicken becomes fully boiled and add the coconut milk and lime juice. Stir the chicken nicely and then add the green chillies and raisins. Next add the saffron and sprinkle the coriander leaves on top. Turn off the flame.
6) Serve the chicken korma absolutely hot.