Meatloaf in itself is a very delicious and complete meal but when it gets combined with two types of cheeses, it becomes irresistible and mouth-watering. The slow-melting cheese takes the flavors of the meatloaf to an entirely new height.
This dish is a perfect dish for holidays or weekends as you may then get the help of your kids, who will also be eager to help you make this awesome dish.
Preparation Time: 30-35 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
1 lb. + ½ lb. of lean ground beef
1 cup of pizza sauce
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup + ½ cup of shredded provolone cheese
4 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1/4th cup of chopped ripe olives, pitted
A pinch of salt
1 can of roasted bell peppers, drained and chopped
2 cups of French bread crumbs
A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
Method Of Cooking
1. Thaw the ground beef for 30-40 minutes. Then take a 15×10×1-inch pan and line it entirely with aluminium foil. Grease the foil with cooking spray or cooking oil and then set it aside. Next, set a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit to preheat your oven. Now take a large bowl and tip the thawed ground beef into it. Crack open the eggs and add them one by one to the ground beef and then add salt, breadcrumbs, black pepper and ½ cup of pizza sauce to it.
2. After that, chop the basil leaves finely and throw them into the same bowl with the ground beef. Next, add the shredded parmesan cheese and finally add the minced garlic after peeling all the garlic cloves. Once everything is added, stir to combine everything nicely with the ground beef and to prepare a well-mixed meatloaf mixture. Once ready, fetch the foil covered pan and dump the meatloaf mixture over that. Carve the mixture into a 12×10 inch rectangle and then top with the shredded provolone cheese.
3. Now take the olives and drain away their juices. Cut the olives in half and then spread them evenly over the meatloaf. Next, take the can of roasted bell peppers and drain away the juice. Place the bell pepper slices on the chopping board and cut them in half lengthwise. Once done, sprinkle the bell peppers over the meatloaf as well. Once ready, pull up one of the sides of the foil and place it over the meatloaf. Place the other side of the foil over the meatloaf as well and then press the ends tightly.
4. Now turn the meatloaf upside down and place it on the pan seam-side down. Once done, pop the pan into the oven to bake the meatloaf for 40-45 minutes. Once the time elapses, take out the baking pan from the oven and uncover it. Spread the remaining pizza sauce over the meatloaf and then insert a meat thermometer at the center of the meatloaf so that it can register the temperature.
5. Now place back the baking pan into the oven to bake the meatloaf for another 15-20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and the thermometer registers 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Once ready, take out the baking pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack until the meatloaf cools down. Once cooled slightly, slice the meatloaf into medium thick slices and serve.