Manchurian is a region that is situated in Northern part of China. It is a home land of nomadic tribes. Chinese dish of Manchurian originated in this part of the country; hence the name of the region was attached to it.
In Gobi Manchurian cauliflower or Gobi is the main ingredient. This is a spicy recipe and can be eaten with chapatti or rice. Your family will enjoy it at any time. This recipe is a fusion dish with Indian and Chinese flavour. Your family will enjoy it at any time. You can serve it as a party dish or make it a part of your daily meals.
Ingredients To Make Gobi Manchurian
Cauliflower- 250 grams
Refined Flour (maida) – ¼ cup
Corn Flour- 1/4 cup
Egg- 1 no.
Soya Sauce-5-6 drops
Chilli Sauce- 1 tea spoon
Salt to taste
Refined oil for frying
Ingredients For Sauce
Tomato- 1 medium sized
Garlic- 3-4 cloves
Ginger- 1 inch piece
Onion- 1 medium sized
Fresh coriander- 2 table spoon (chopped)
Green Chilli- 2 no.
Vegetable Stock- 250 ml.
Refined Oil- 30 ml.
Ajinomoto- 5 grams
Salt to Taste
Soya Sauce- 1 tea spoon
Chilli Sauce- 1 teaspoon
Tomato Sauce- 1 tea spoon
Corn Flour- 15 grams
Method For Fritters
1. Wash cauliflower thoroughly in running water. Pat dry with a dish cloth.
2. Grate the cauliflower, press to squeeze out excess water and mix with egg and seasoning.
3. Make small balls of cauliflower mixture.
4. Heat oil in a wok. Fry the balls on medium heat till golden brown in colour.
5. Remove on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
Method For The Sauce
1. Finely chop garlic, onion, ginger, tomato and green chilli.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and fry for one minute. Add ginger and onion and fry a little.
3. Add green chilli and vegetable stock. Bring to boil.
4. Dissolve corn flour in 2 table spoon of water and add to the stock for thickening. Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
5. Mix soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the fritters and remove from fire.
7. Transfer into a flat serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander.
8. Serve hot with fried rice or chapatti.
To Prepare Vegetable Stock
Boil vegetable peels in the required amount of water for 2 minutes. Let it stand for 5 minutes and then strain it and use as needed. You can omit the egg to make this recipe to suit pure vegetarians.
You can make Gobi Manchurian without grating the cauliflower. Just break the cauliflower in big florets and apply seasoning on it.
Make a paste with corn flour and water. Dip the florets in the paste and deep fry. You can serve this type of Manchurian as a cocktail snack. Stir fry Gobi florets in a wok with chopped garlic, onion and green chilli and chopped coriander. Place it in a flat dish and serve hot with tooth picks and chilli garlic sauce on the side.
Photo Credit: Theroyalcaterer.com