Alfredo pasta was named by an Italian restaurateur, Alfredo Di Lelio. There are different types of pastas depending on the shape, like Penney, Fettuccine macaroni,Farfalle and many more.
For Alfredo pasta we use fettuccine pasta which is tossed is butter and cheese. The cheese melts and emulsifies a smooth and creamy coating on the pastas. Non vegetarians can add choice of meat like shrimp or chicken.
Basic Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
400 grams fettuccine pasta
½ cup butter
1 pack cream cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon garlic paste
1 cup milk Salt to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ liter, water to boil pasta Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Boil pasta in a large vessel. Add ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil. 2. Put pasta and boil till soft. Drain the pasta and rinse it in cold water. Rub the remaining olive oil and keep aside.
For the Sauce
1. Heat butter in a pan. Saute garlic paste for a minute. Add cream cheese and keep stirring continuously till the cheese melts. Slowly little by little whisk in the milk and boil. 2. Add the boiled pasta and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper. Fold in the pasta nicely. Garnish with chopped parsley. The sauce has a tendency to thicken. Add milk to thin it down if required.
Chicken Alfredo pasta
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
400 grams boiled fettuccine pasta
2 cupsAlfredo sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 large onion sliced
50 grams button mushrooms sliced
1 can tomato pulp 200 grams boneless chicken cut into small pieces
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoon garlic paste Salt to taste
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup half and half ½ cup sour cream
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Clean and wash the chicken. Cut into small pieces. In a bowl marinate the chicken. Add 1 teaspoon Italian mixed herbs, salt, pepper and olive oil.
2. Fold in the chicken pieces and keep aside for 1 hour. In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons butter. Saute 1 teaspoon garlic paste and marinated chicken. Cook till the chicken is well cooked. 3. In another pan heat the remaining butter. Put remaining garlic paste and saute it for a minute. Add the onions and cook till they are translucent. 4. Add the sliced mushrooms and the Italian herbs and cook for 5 minutes till the mushrooms are tender. Add the tomato pulp and on a medium high flame cook for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper
5. Fold in the shallow fried chicken in it and cook for 2 minutes. In another pan boil in the milk. Stir in the half and half and sour cream and bring again to boil. Add a pinch salt and pepper. Mix in the Alfredo sauce.
1. In a serving dish, take a portion of chicken.
2. Cover it with a portion of Alfredo sauce.
3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and garnish it with chopped fresh parsley.
Instead of chicken shrimps and crab sauce can also be used. Serve hot with lots of love