Fish is one of the healthiest forms of protein. Not only is it the ideal food to consume for avid weight watchers, but its’ also loaded on essential omega-3 fatty acids, which help to lower cholesterol and fight constipation.
Fish can be had in several forms. Many people prefer to eat deep fried and oily fish. Not only does this contain harmful fats and calories but the goodness of fish nutrients are lost with deep-frying.
A healthier alternative to eating fish is to have it freshly baked in the oven. The fish is marinated with flavoursome spices, herbs and is placed on a bed of nutritious vegetables, which make it a complete meal. If you are trying to lose weight, it is the best meal to have post sunset. Here is an easy and tasty recipe for baked fish.
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Calories per serving – 220 calories
Serves – 2
Ingredients For Baked Fish
2 big fillets of salmon or pomfret
1/ 2 teaspoon of thyme
½-tea spoon of oregano
½-tea spoon of white pepper powder
½-tea spoon of red chilli flakes
1 tablespoon of mustard paste or sauce
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt to taste
For the Vegetables
A few sprigs of spring onions
½ cup of baby tomatoes
1 cup of finely chopped mushrooms
1 cup of red and yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
½ cup of chopped zucchini
Method Of Preparation For Baked Fish
1. Peel and cut all the vegetables. Take a medium sized, non-stick frying pan and add one tablespoon of olive oil to it. Once the oil is heated, toss in the vegetables and sauté them on low heat. Season them with salt and pepper.
2. Cook the vegetables partially as they will also cook in the oven. Once the vegetables are done, set them aside. Wash the fish fillets and season them with salt, pepper and lemon juice and keep aside for half an hour.
3. Make a paste of mustard sauce, thyme, oregano and red chilli flakes. Add some more lemon juice to make it tangy. Now marinate the fish fillets in this sauce and keep the fish marinated for about 2-3 hours.
The Best Fish Cake You Have Ever Seen
Yummy Fish and Chips Recipe
How To Make Thai Steamed Curried Fish
Tasty And Delicious Fish Recipes
2 Delicious Chinese Fish Recipes
How To Make Goan Style Fish Fry
Photo Credit: Bakedfish.org/
4. Preheat an oven for 20 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius. Take the oven tray and place a sheet of aluminium foil on it. Douse some olive oil on the sheet to grease it lightly so that the fish does not stick to the foil.
5. Now, place the fish fillets on the aluminium foil and add a few drops of olive oil on them. Place the sautéed vegetables around the fish. Add some more seasoning or lemon juice if needed.
6. Bake the fish at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and flip the fish over so that the other side also is cooked. Bake for another ten minutes. Prick with a fork to see whether the fish is done. Make sure the fish is nicely browned from the top otherwise, it will taste raw. In order to enhance the flavour of the fish, prick the fish with a fork before marinating it.
Photo Credit: Pittsburghmagazine.com/Pittsburgh-Magazine/Eat-and-Drink/Recipes/index.php/name/Baked-Fish-with-Gremolata/record/3157/