A punch is a mixed drink which is originally made from alcohol. However, non-alcoholic variations also exist. Punch is originally an Indian drink which was brought to England by the employees of the East India Company and the sailors. The name of this drink is derived from the Indian word “Panch”, meaning “five” as it was prepared with 5 basic ingredients.
The original recipe was then modified as it gradually gained popularity in the European countries and today hundreds of different types of alcoholic punches have evolved. Alcoholic punches are prepared by mixing liqueurs, alcohols, fruit juices and fruit slices.
Some of the many popular punches have also become very popular as college party drinks and are prepared by mixing the concoction in large cooler tubs to serve large number of people. So, if you are a fan of alcohols, liqueurs and fruits, you must try some of these below mentioned popular punch recipes.
2 gallons of Hawaiian fruit punch
1 handle of vodka
2 apples, sliced
½ pineapple, cut into chunks
1 liter of Sprite
2 kiwis, cut into wedges
1 bottle of Everclear
2 cups of strawberries
1 gallon of orange juice
1 cup of red maraschino cherries
2 liters of pineapple juice
1 large beer cooler
Process of Mixing
1. Take the pineapple, kiwis and the apples and then throw them into a colander. Place the colander in the sink and then massage the fruits with your hands to wash off excess dirt from them. Once done, shake the colander to drain away the excess water from it and then place it on your counter. Take out the fruits from the colander and then pat dry them with some paper towels.
2. Once done, take a peeler and slowly peel off the hard skin of the pineapple and the kiwi. After that, cut the pineapple in half and then cut that into medium sized chunks. You can use more pineapple if you wish. Once done, take the kiwi and slice it thinly. Finally, peel off the skin of the apple and then cut it into wedges.
3. Once all the fruits are chopped, set them aside in a large bowl and then take a huge bear cooler. Place the cooler on your counter and then empty the entire content of the two gallons of Hawaiian fruit punch into the beer cooler. Once done, throw the chopped fruits and the other fruits including the strawberries and the cherries into the beer cooler over the fruit punch.
4. Once done, add the pineapple juice and the orange juice to the mixture and then give a nice stir to it to combine everything thoroughly. After that, pour the required amounts of vodka and Everclear into the beer cooler. Once everything is added, add a little bit of fizz to the drink by pouring in the Sprite.
Finally, drop several ice cubes into the drink to keep it cool and then let the drink sit for 1 hour so that the fruits can get marinated in the alcohol. Once done, ladle out the drink into individual glasses along with the fruits and then serve it right away.
2 1.75 liter bottles of Vodka
6 liters of Hawaiian Fruit Punch
1 bottle of Sour Apple Pucker Schnapps
1 liter of Everclear
8 liters of Sprite
2 bottles of pineapple juice
1 bottle of peach schnapps
1 1.75 liters bottle of gin
1 bottle of Bacardi 151 rum
3 bottles of Strawberry Hill Wine
1 liter of Sunny Delight orange juice
1 bottle of 99 Apples apple schnapps
1 liter of Triple Sec
Diced fruits (pineapple, apple, strawberries, maraschino cherries, kiwi)
1 5 liter cooler drum
Process of Mixing
1. Place the cooler drum in your sink and then rinse it thoroughly. Once done, discard the water from the drum and then place it on your counter. After that, throw the strawberries, pineapple, apples, cherries and the kiwis into a colander to rinse them under slow running water. Once thoroughly rinsed, rub the fruits with paper towels to soak the water from them and then cut them all up into small chunks, leaving out only the cherries and the strawberries if they are too small.
2. After that, dump the fruits into the drum and then pour the vodka over them. Follow that by adding the peach schnapps, Bacardi 151 rum, Everclear, Gin, Strawberry Hill Wine, Triple Sec, Sour Apple Pucker Schnapps and the 99 Apples Apple schnapps. Once all the liqueurs are added, add the Sprite, Hawaiian Fruit Punch, orange juice and the pineapple juice to the concoction.
3. Once everything is added, give a good stir to the concoction with the help of a ladle and then add lots of ice cubes to the prepared drink to keep it chilled. Once done, close the lid of the drum and then hold it with your hands. Swirl the drum carefully a few times and then serve the drink immediately in individual serving glasses.
3 oz. of Triple Sec
1 orange, cut into wedges
½ liter of sweet sherry
1/3rd bottle of pineapple juice
½ cup of cherries
6 oz. of sugar syrup
2 liters of champagne
½ bottle of orange juice
2 cups of pineapple chunks
½ liter of brandy
1 cup of grapefruit juice
1 orange, cut into thin wedges
2 cups of watermelon, seeded and cubed
1 liter of Sprite
3 oz. of maraschino liqueur
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1 large cooler tub
Process of Mixing
1. Rinse a cooler tub under water so that it becomes free of any dirt and impurities. After that, dump all the fruits into a colander to rinse them. Make sure that you rinse all the fruits thoroughly. Once done, pat dry the fruits with paper towels and then cut them into small pieces as stated above.
2. Once done, throw the pieces of fruits into the cooler tub and then top them up with the sweet sherry, champagne, Triple Sec, maraschino liqueur, brandy and the required amounts of sweet syrup. Follow that by pouring the pineapple juice, Sprite, grapefruit juice and the orange juice into the cooler tub. Once you have added all the required ingredients, stir up the concoction with a ladle. After that, ladle out the concoction and pour it into individual glasses to serve.