Colorful and mesmerizing light of Chinese laps, red and green dragon motifs, dramatic dance and delicious food- all together gives such an excited feeling of celebration. Join this celebration and enjoy the Chinese cuisine.
Not necessarily you have to go to a restaurant to enjoy Chinese food. You can prepare exclusive Chinese dishes at home. Here are some of the sumptuous Chinese fish dishes which are very tasty and authentic.
Peking Sliced Fish-
Things You Need:
Fish Filet 500 gm
20 Button Mushrooms
Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, 2 of each
5 Tablespoons of Ginger and Garlic paste
1 and a 1/2 tablespoon of Green Chili paste
3 Tablespoons of Brandy
2 Cups of Fish Stock
2 Tablespoon of Oil
1 Tablespoon of Corn Flour
1 Teaspoon of Ajinamoto
2 Teaspoon of All purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon of freshly ground Black Pepper
Salt to taste
1) Wash the Button Mushrooms in warm water and clean them properly.
2) Add Salt, Black Pepper, Corn Flour, All Purpose Flour and Egg to the Fish Filets. Keep it for 10 minutes.
3) Heat the oil in a pan and fry the Fish filets. Remove them on a soaking paper and keep them aside.
4) In a separate pan heat up some oil and add the Mushrooms and Peppers. Fry it for 1 minute and add the Ginger – Garlic paste and Green Chili paste to it. Fold the vegetables well.
5) When you start getting the fragrance of the vegetables and spiced add the Fish stock, salt and Black Pepper.
6) When it starts boiling add some Brandy. Slowly and carefully add the fried Fish filets.
7) When the filets become a little soft, dissolve some Corn Flour in cold water and add to the pan. Add the Ajinamoto too.
8 ) Put off the heat when the gravy becomes a little thick in consistency and serve hot with steamed rice.
Soya Fish with Oyster Sauce-
Things you need:
Fish Filets, 500 gm
4 Tablespoons of White oil
1 Cup of chopped Spring Onion
1 Tablespoon of Ginger, thinly sliced
1table spoon of thinly sliced Garlic
3 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons of light Soya Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
½ Table spoon of freshly ground Black Pepper
1 Cup of Fish Stock
Salt to taste
1) Add some Salt and Black Pepper to the Fish filets. Marinate them for 10 minutes.
2) Heat up a pan and add white oil to it. Fry the marinated Fish filets till they are golden in color. Remove the fish from the pan and keep on a soaking towel. Set it aside.
3) Heat up the same Oil, add the chopped Spring Onions, Sliced Ginger, Sliced garlic and toss for a minute.
4) Add the Oyster Sauce, Soya Sauce and Sugar. Allow it to boil
5) Add the fried Fish filets and lower the heat. Fold it well in the gravy till it becomes a little soft. Remove the pan from heat and serve the fish with steamed rice or noodles.