Asthma is a respiratory disease that narrows and inflames the airways, as a result of which the patient has difficulty to breath. Some of the most common symptoms of asthma are breathlessness, wheezing, chest tightness, coughing, chest pain, difficulty in speaking, sweating, vomiting and in some cases even loss of consciousness.
An acute asthma aggravation is called asthma attacks. The sufferer gets asthma attacks in frequent intervals in between which he may be absolutely normal. The exact cause of this disease is still unknown. The most common cause for asthma is genetic inheritance but it also involves many chemical, infectious and environmental factors. Every asthma patient has his or her unique set of triggers.
The most common triggers that leads to asthma attacks are exposure to cold air, breathing in animal dander, dust, pollen, polluted air, wood or tobacco smoke, vigorous exercise, or even anxiety and tension. Food Preservatives and additives may also trigger asthma attacks. Additives are mostly used in food processing and preparation and can be found in certain foods such as dried fruits or vegetable, pickled foods, lemon juice or bottled lime, shrimps, beer, wine etc.
10 Best Natural Home Remedies for Asthma
1. The asthma patient should fast at least once a week and should be given enema the next morning after the fast to clear his bowel. If it is not possible for the patient to fast regularly once in a week the patient should not hesitate to stop eating once the attack come.
2. Application of mud pack in the abdomen is good for asthma patient as it relieves the fermentation caused by undigested food.
3. Sun bath, steam bath, hot hip bath and hot foot bath should be given to the patient as it clears the mucus and allergens from the lungs. This gives immense relief to the patient.
4. Asthmatics should not overeat. They are advised to eat slowly and chew every bite. They should avoid drinking water or any kind of liquid while eating.
5. The sufferer should reduce the intake of tea and coffee. Spicy foods, fried foods, condiments, pickles, alcoholic beverages & smoking should be avoided. Certain foods that produces phlegm like rice, curd, sugar, and lentils should be avoided.
6. Massaging mustard oil with little camphor in the chest and the back is highly beneficial in the treatment of asthma as it loosens the mucus and eases breathing.
7. Honey is very effective in the treatment of asthma. It should be taken twice daily with water or milk. It is said that even if the air flowing over honey if inhaled by the patient eases the breathing during attacks.
8. treatment of asthma is also very good for treating asthma. A glass of milk boiled with a garlic clove should be consumed by the patient daily. This will keep the trouble under control.
9. Diet of asthma patient should include treatment of asthma, fresh fruits, cereals and sprouted grains & baked oily fish. Lots of onion & garlic should also be included in the diet.
10. Regular practice of breathing exercise, light exercise, fresh air, dry climate, healthy diet, occasional enema and regular fasting once a week will definitely enable a treatment of asthma to lead a healthy and a productive life.